Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse-overs on shop category items?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Mouse-overs on shop category items? Reply with quote

Did you have any problem figuring out that you can click one of those items to change the shopping list category?
Would you think it would be helpful to have mouse-overs on them which state for example that "Click to browse long swords"?
It could also help players who are starting out to figure which item lists the long swords and which lists the two-handed swords etc. Do you think so?
Godzilla Blitz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it easy to intuit that I could click on the various weapon headers to see the weapons in each category.

Now that you mention it though, when I first started playing I had to guess and compare to figure out what each category of weapon was. Mostly I had to make some guessess as to what were two-handed weapons and what were one-handed weapons. It wasn't hard to figure things out, but it would be a good idea to give the gamer more information there.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz on Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Puzzlemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd also be nice to get mouseovers (or right-click info) on the individual items, so that we could get spell descriptions without having to access the character spell lists, or perhaps descriptions of what various armors will do as far as slowing characters, etc.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can right-click a spell in the shop list to read its description. This is explained in the Magus boutique's tutorial section.
Puzzlemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry--thought I'd tried that and it didn't work. Musta just been the armor...[/i]
Puzzlemonkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this definitely is NOT working in my version. I can't right-click any shop items to get a description...
Tertsi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, it was that you must double-click the spell to read it's description (Click it once after it is selected). I'm sorry for the confusion, as you can imagine I don't need to read the descriptions anymore so I forgot that you need to left-click the selected spell instead of right-click a spell to read its description. Thanks for noticing as I will have to correct the Magus boutique's tutorial also now.
Godzilla Blitz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along the lines of spell viewing, I've found that when I pull up a list of spells, then view a particular spell's description, then close the spell description,that the entire list of spells closes with it. I wonder if it would be better to leave the spell list up until the player closes it manually?
Tertsi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That probably would be better in a way and worse in another way (for those who just read one spell description it's better if it closes automatically).
Anyway it would take more time to change than what it's worth because of the way that particular thing is implemented.
Barrrt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouseovers would certainly be better than clicking, and it should not be too hard to implement.
For instance when buying magical staffs, there is no way to know what the bonus numbers mean unless the tutorial mode is turned on, I found thisrather annoying.
dom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hovering over armour notifies you of the speed reduction, puzzlemonkey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: