Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crashes to Desktop with version 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godzilla Blitz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Crashes to Desktop with version 1.0 Reply with quote

Not complaining, but wanted to let you know that I've gotten a couple of Crashes to Desktop in three hours of play. One with the demo last night and one with the full version today. The full version crash to desktop forced me to reboot my system in order to unfreeze things.

There is another board where the game is being discussed, and a couple of others have reported similar crashes with the demo.

Both of mine came from the between battle management screens, not in battle. Other than that, I don't remember exactly what button I pushed when the game crashed. If the game crashes again, I'll try to remember exactly what I was doing at the point of crash.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost in Division 2 and I had my first crash last night also. It froze my entire computer, so I had to turnoff by button (couldn't Ctrl + Alt + Del).

Mine happened right after I won a battle and the Computer AI was fighting another battle, the game just froze everything. Thats only freeze I'd had up to now.
Bee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had a couple crashes to desktop. Both of them happening between battles as well.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for notifying, I will run Yet Another Heavy Tests on the battle simulations before releasing the next version and fixing any bugs that come in the way. Even if the bugs are very rare, some computers crash more easily than others and because the game is simulating through hundreds of full battles between AI controlled clans, those very rare ones might pop up seemingly commonly on some computers.
Godzilla Blitz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashes to desktop happened to me tonight three more times, and it was all when I was doing the same thing: exactly when I clicked to place my last unit unit on the battle map before the battle was to start.

The first two times I was attempting to place my third unit. The third time I was attempting to place my fourth unit. In all these cases, the game would immediately crash as the unit was placed. I suppose it is more likely that something happens in the code right after a human player places his last unit on the battle map.

Hope that helps.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks - that should be a lot easier to fix then and I probably know the source already.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had, not a crash but kinda freeze. I could move the mouse and exit the battle and do stuff. But my unit just attacked then kinda froze. I had 2 Speed Points left, couldn't move, couldn't end turn etc... But everything else worked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same problem. Normally it happens to me when after clicking start match and during the simulations (I've noticed that it's usually a in a battle that would have alot of units). It also happened once while placing my troops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: