Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Version Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Full Version Error Reply with quote

I just downloaded the full version, and when I go to run it, I get a Microsoft Library Runtime Error, then it closes! Any ideas? Sad

I goes into the game, but after it loads the Resources, then the Error pops up.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time such a problem is reported, I will have to look into it ASAP. What is the installer's file size which you downloaded? (Windows should report it to be 21.6 MB) Try to download the demo version and see if it runs on your computer.

Also try to rename temporarely the file sourcenumber.dat from the Battles of Norghan installed folder's res subfolder. The sourcenumber.dat functionality is a new thing which hasn't been tested in other computers than mine.

There are definitely no normal bugs in the launching code of the game unless there's one when reading the sourcenumber.dat (which I doubt), so the reason has to be one of these or your computer specific. Let's first see if it's not your computer specific.

EDIT: I noticed that it gives the same error to me if I download the installer from where you did, I will have to recompile the installer and reupload, it should work then. Thank you for reporting. Smile You can also just delete the sourcenumber.dat file from the Battles of Norghan res sub folder and the error will be gone. (The sourcenumber.dat file won't cause any trouble if you download the file now)
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed, just deleted that file and worked fine! Smile

I'm still getting a few text errors (going out of boxes) though. But its fine besides that, congrats on Final Release Smile
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thank you, I'll make sure to find a computer which displays the text like that soon and then fix those minor text aligning problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: