Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 0.93 version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: The 0.93 version Reply with quote

Bug fixes:

* Fixed a few rare simulation battles' stuck/crash bugs.
* Drakes weren't flying in simulation battles.
* There was a game loading bug which caused mercenary camp to behave weirdly or crash on some saved games. (Auto-saved games weren't affected by this bug.)
* Minor: The Mercenary camp part of the tutorial was shown once at start up even if you selected disable tutorials.
* Minor: The "second place:" text on the cup winning boxes was shown slightly too low and was displayed slightly on top of the second place winner's clan name.

Changes:

* 'Perfect victory' in the Season's battles screen now means that you must have won the battle without any of your units being damaged. It used to mean a won battle without casulties.
* Balanced the amount of starting gold which new replacement clans get, they used to get too much.
* Improved Reflection and Magical shield casting AI desirability calculations.
* There were some other, minor changes.

New features:

* Battle star points are now calculated and unit of the battle awards given.
* Implemented the rest of the race stories in-game excluding the story of the wizards. (Of drakes, mountain trolls, aragans, imps and ogres.)
* Minor: If you start the game with more than one human controlled clan, a notification box will pop up and tell you how to change the active human clan.

Last edited by Tertsi on Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just downloaded new version! Smile

After the first Match, I've had some problems!

1. Crashed when AI playing second Match
2. Starpoints for the top 5 ranked guys was -265000 or something like that, but the rest of the units have Proper Starpoints (I assume like Toughness?).
3. Options are still doing like I showed you in Picture! Sad (Maybe haven't fixed yet, not sure).

I just copied over the previous version. (But its definately new version, cause says on title screen). I also started a new save game (to use new settings such as star points and to test).

I'll keep you posted, and if keeps crashing will post Save. (Seems always crashes for me -_- lol).

EDIT: Another Crash in 4th Battle (First Cup Battle) and Starpoints, about 8 People are Negative Now.

Here's Stuck file after 2nd Crash
Stuck

EDIT AGAIN: 3rd Crash, its always the same team, The Daelygn.

Also seems the early teams are a bit harder? Maybe just luck of draw! I lost a game so far -_-! In 8th Division. Maybe spent to much on year contract Rouge...:p

EDIT EDIT EDIT! Woo!: A got about 4 more games and crashed, but this time was different team. So there goes my thought of just The Daelygn.

And nice job fixing the text for Cup. I seen that, but it totally slipped my mind last beta.

Suggestions:

----------

On my current game, I just finished the first season. I went 8-2 in league play, and 11-2 K/D Ratio. The team in Second went the excat same, but they are the team that gave me both of my loses. (They lost to CPU twice).

Since they beat me twice, should they be in first and move on and not myself. (By vitrue of Head-To-Head Games).

They actually beat me 3 times, once in Cup play also lol.

---------

Maybe giving the second place team in League some gold (just a little) even though they didn't advance. This helps the second place team out, because they were clearly the second best, and if they don't get that extra bit of gold may go down next year due to contracting or the such. (Especially for the player).

Just some ideas! Smile

And I move on, cause no Head-To-Head hehe!
Tertsi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't actually show any options picture as far as I know. And I've never had that same problem.

I've noticed the star points problem and I know why it's doing that, it will be fixed soon. I also noticed the stuck problem and it will also be worked on.
No need for a saved game for the stuck bug.

I don't currently think giving the second ranked clan in a division some gold is a good idea, the other clans need to get a chance on the next season against the previously second ranked clan.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok glad you got those two things figured out. Smile

As for the Picture (For Options, I guess I uploaded, but clearly not, so doing now). The little slider bars to the right (always does on my games). Has for last few versions I know (can't remember before that).

Picture

As for second place, does make since to give other teams chance! Smile Just thought it might help the second place team (since the new teams(just created) usally are better than old teams, but you said you lowered their gold to start in this version, so haven't really seen yet).

Also what do you think about the head-to-head aspect? Because I played a bit after posting, and I got promoted ahead of that team, even though I really shouldn't since I lost Twice in Division (Once in Cup) against them.[/url]
Tertsi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very unusual to have the same amount of wins + lossed and kills - casulties in the whole season, so that head-to-head thing isn't a real issue. However I'll make it like you suggested if it turns out to be quick enough to implement. The downside of it is that the reason why the clan would be ranked above you wouldn't be obvious, but then again the reason for you being ranked above it isn't obvious either.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: