Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 0.92 version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: The 0.92 version Reply with quote

Bug fixes:

* If a clan had more than 400 gp, it wouldn't sell any equipment to resurrect an unit although some expensive units cost more than 400 to resurrect.
* The total battle salaries weren't properly calculated when the bidding ended and so you had to first un-battle-check and then battle-check to see the correct total battle salaries or go through certain dates of the year where the total battle salaries are updated automatically along with unit salaries.
* If an unit was affected by Reflection or Magical shield and some other spell, a certain texture was displayed which shouldn't have been.
* After the first few special alertboxes which don't pop up immediately, those wouldn't work correctly so the player for example wasn't notified of "Division up" after the first "Division up" notification.
* The resurrections made this month variable was updated every 15 days instead of only once per month.
* When a human controlled unit had two summoned units, the unit couldn't cast any spells although the unit just wasn't supposed to cast any more summoned units.
* If an AI controlled unit casted Confuse in battle, the confused unit's turn was messed up and if it was a simulation battle, the battle would get stuck so that you couldn't even terminate the program.
* There was a bug in the code which was used to determine where AI decides to cast a summoned unit, which made AI to always cast them south east instead of really determining where it should be casted.
* Minor: When an unit was killed by a Magical punch, the fist moved all the way left untill it got off the screen instead of only moving to left for a little while and disappear like usual.
* Minor: Fixed a bug which made AI Stone skin and Good luck target determining slightly worse when the AI was considering casting the spell.
* Minor: The fireball's display size wasn't correctly taken into account when determining if the fireball is visible on the current position of the map or not and therefore when the fireball was moving south at least half of it had to be visible for it to show up at all and that made it look a bit weird if you followed the fireball.

Changes:

* Now most AI controlled clans with AI 3 or 4 intelligence level below division 5 recruit units with year's contracts at startup. This change affects only a few AI controlled clans with the normal difficulty but with harder difficulties which increase the AI values of the clans, it affects a lot more. This change also averagely makes the game slightly more difficult at startup.
* Cup tables will now display the updated brackets immediately instead of right before the next cup match.
* When viewing statistics, your clan name and/or your units' names will be displayed in red.
* The game now starts from the Mercenary camp instead of Clan menu.
* Clans now get ticket income from a battle if the clan at least damaged an enemy unit in the battle. Clans used to get ticket income only if they killed an enemy unit in the battle. This change has a big impact on how easily a clan gets too poor to be of any challenge to other clans in the same division.
* You can now see how many contract battles are left on your alive mercenaries with X battles contracts by right clicking the unit's face avatar.
* In addition to auto-saving the game every round, an ongoing game is now auto-saved if a battle isn't going on when quitting the game.
* The amount of allowed loan before the game is over for a human controlled clan because of interest or before a AI controlled clan is no longer granted pity resurrections is now determined by checking if ALL of these conditions are true:
- The clan has less than -1000 gold pieces.
- The clan has more loan than the clan's total battle salaries * 1.5.
- The clan has more loan than the clan's total toughness * 0.3.
(It used to be determined by checking which division the clan was in.)
* Balanced some cup match winning gold amounts. (Downwards)
* Now all human controlled clan names will be highlighted in the cup tables, division rankings and latest battles instead of just the active human clan's.
* AI 3-4 used to battle-check all year's contract units and only as many units as needed to exceed the enemy clan's toughness * 2, now it's * 2.5 and in important cup battles, they will battle-check all units which they can.
* AI can now use the hit and run tactic even if the hit and runner's bow has low range, assuming that enemies don't have greater range bows.
* AI 4 will now rather buy a long bow for fast rangers even if the short bows or crossbows skill is slightly better.
* Now AI will calculate how much equipment is needed to be sold to resurrect all units instead of getting a fixed gold amount and won't even think about selling equipment if it has more than 25 alive units.
* Polished the positions of the beam graphical effects (lightning, chain lightning and drain mana). Their rotation look is still to be polished.
* There were some other, minor changes.

New features:

* Tutorials for two type of players are included in this version and might be improved in a later version.
* Cup winning boxes.

Note: The former versions' saved games don't work in this version.

Last edited by Tertsi on Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:49 pm; edited 8 times in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you put a few of my suggestions in. I'm glad Razz

Looks like the games getting there, just need to iron out little rinkles! I'm still in Division 4, doesn't look this my year either lol. Its getting hard. I need to focus some more on Armor, but my gold is a bit blah at moment.

Also, true about bows, they are expensive, but if used right very deadly.

ALso I've updated a few Suggestions in other post.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've a short while of playing.

-------

I'm glad you added the "Red Highlight" for statistics...it makes it sooo much easier.

------

I haven't read the tutorials (but I will for Bug Checking Purposes Only, I know how to play now :p).

-----

The game crashed in Battle randomly (4th battle). I was sitting there reading the story of a Mysteryarch (luckily I just recruited one for two battles), and the game just shut down.

----

The Options Menu, still shows the Music Bars starting past the "Max" point.

-----------

Plan on keep playing! Also it seemed like the battles were faster (maybe its just my computer, not sure...it acts up all the time).

Will keep you posted. (Also if it keeps crashing in this battle will post Save).
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Options Menu, still shows the Music Bars starting past the "Max" point. "
I've never had this problem with my own or default settings and I confirmed that a while ago, could you take a screenshot?

I noticed now that I had a couple of new and weird installation errors when I tried the installer but the game still installed and worked just fine. Did you have something like that?
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to Print Screen, but it won't work while in the game...So I d/l'd a Print Screen Program, and I still can't get it to work. Is there a secret to get it to print screen while in game?

------

Nope the game Install fine for me, it just crashed while I was fighting in battle. Haven't tested since then, but will do it soon, trying to get Print Screen first! :p

-----

Also a Suggestion. I've seen you make the Player go to the Bidding Screen when starting (good idea!), but the one thing that drives me crazy about the bidding screen is its Countless "Turns".

What I mean is; WHen you bid on a Unit, to ensure you get that unit I think it would be best if you had a Limitied Number of "Skip Biddings" or "Turns" before it was final. As it is now, You can Skip Biddings forever, and in the end after I've been very confident I'd Skipped Bidding a lot and End Bidding, I still got out bidded. This might be a bit of hassle and if not good idea that fine! But I thought might help out to Limit Number of "Turns". To Give you a better Idea/Chance of getting units.

Smile

-----

I see you implemented how many battles are left in contract. This is much better, gives the user info, so can save them for more important battles.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The installation error message seems to be my computer's problem then..
The screenshot is taken and saved as a .png file automatically and you can see it in the Battles of Norghan folder.

Right-click the skip bidding turn several times (one right-click skips ten turns), then bid and click it again a few times and if you haven't been outbid, you can be 99.999% sure that AI won't outbid you. Also when ending the bidding, only 150 - how many bidding turns have passed will be bid.. so if you've right-clicked the skip bidding turn 15 times or more, the bidding won't change when you click end bidding. I'll have to ask some others about it too before changing it, as some also like it the way it is.

I played a few seasons on the 0.92 version without a crash so I doubt it will happen again for you soon, it seems to be a rare crash and let me know if it happens again and under what conditions.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I played battle again and it was fine (hasn't crashed yet) Smile.

As for the image here it is...As you can see the "Slider Bar" for both Music/SFX is way past where it should be. It always starts up like this, and until I move it it says like this (even if I move it, then start game again it goes back to past "Max").

File

(PS, I had like 20 of them in folder from trying to Print Screen, then copy/paste lol)

Also, I'm having another AI error. I've included my current save. The Clan "Feriton's Mercenaries" hasn't bought a unit all year, but has 891 GP. Hope this save can help you save it!

Save

And I didn't know about the double clicking skipping so many turns. That will be very useful instead of just clicking once a lot Smile

----------

After playing awhile, I'm still having a few crashes. It's usally when the AI is "Fighting" their battles, it will set there a little bit then just shut down. I will post the Stuck file maybe that will help, when I can upload.

----------

Very small thing (that probaly doesn't matter), but say your in Division 6, and then you deciede you want the tutorial. I turned it on (just testing it), and it said in one part (don't remember what) that I was in Division 8 still (since its just Text, and doesn't take into account that the user will turn on later).

Like I said a pretty non-worthy thing, but thought you might want to know.

----------

Another thing i believe is a bug (that I've noticed for awhile, but always forget). When your hiring Units, and you try to hire for "One" Battle it always makes you pay like your hiring for 2 Battles (thought it says for one or two battles depending). So there is currently no point to hire for One battle cause same cost!

----------
EDIT: Having trouble Uploading to my site currently. Will try again later, sorry about that. It uploads, but the files are empty when it does.

Also, I've been playing a lot more. I'm getting bad crashes now with AI hang-ups then the program just closing. It wasn't so bad except for the last Division or Two it stared doing it. I looked at the Stuck Text, but it only has One Team Instance, which has been there for a long time. So I'm not sure if its recording them, but I will post so you can see.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you by the way start a new saved game on the 0.92 version? If not, that's got to be causing some bugs as the saved game loading is different in this version.

"Another thing i believe is a bug (that I've noticed for awhile, but always forget). When your hiring Units, and you try to hire for "One" Battle it always makes you pay like your hiring for 2 Battles (thought it says for one or two battles depending). So there is currently no point to hire for One battle cause same cost!"
I re-tested this with a bunch of units and they cost different amount of gold. One battle contract costs Base cost * 0.05 and two battle contract costs Base cost * 0.097, but the point is that you might want to keep it in two battles instead of one. For example cup's semi-finals and finals.

If the generated Stuck.txt is dated, it won't be useful. But you can see the date when it got created from the file information.

Well you might as well email the saved game etc. to info@battlesofnorghan.com.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's the Save and Stuck File. The Stuck file is up-to-date (though last time I checked (which was other day) it wasn't, so kinda weird.

Save File
Stuck File

Also, I tried emailing you, and it just wouldn't go through (I think my Email was messing up, not sure! I'm having all kinds of problems lately. But my webspace is working now, so uploaded there.)

Play a few games and it should crash Sad
Tertsi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll check them out and fix them.

The crash is by the way just a clean exit, I made it exit after the Stuck.txt file has been created in case the simulation battle seems to be stuck rather than make it just sit there.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious if you found the problem for the crash? I can't play on cause it keeps crashing.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did found various bugs which could have caused it and are now fixed.. but I recall being able to play your saved game without the fixes for quite a while. (Then again your saved game has a bunch of duplicated units causing bugs every now and then.)
The 0.93 version will be out very soon (maybe even today), that's why I didn't think releasing a middlepatch would do much good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: