Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 0.9 version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: The 0.9 version Reply with quote

Bug fixes:

* When an unit got killed, the summoned unit order wasn't re-arranged as supposed to so a summoned unit could have get killed because of the bug when a particular unit died even though the summoned units should die only if the caster is killed or they are killed.
* When a summoned unit was shot with a missile weapon, a dragon skin defense message was added in the battle events although summoned units don't have dragon skins and some of the rest of the shooting event's calculations could have corrupted.
* Fixed a few rare or hardly noticable bugs which might or might not have existed in earlier versions.
* Minor: The dodge skill text shown to enemies wasn't updated in some rare cases where it should have and thus a player could have sometimes seen an enemy with Dodging: "Unknown".

Changes:

* AI now doesn't buy a helm with defense of 30 or over if the unit is wearing a light armour which's defense is considerably lower than a top helm. Buying a good too helm when your armour is considerably worse is redundant.
* Adjusted race rarities. Most noticably the most rare races are a little less rare now and goblins are now about as common as orcs (more rare).
* Balanced the amount of gold you get from battles.
* Missile weapons were a little too powerful and thus any damage dealt by missile weapons now gets reduced by 25% (after the target's defense has reduced the damage), an additional 15% will be deducted from the shooting hitting chance % and their prices were lowered to reflect these changes.
* Improved goblins a little because they were too weak to be useful enough but they are still clearly the weakest race in Battles of Norghan.
* Few more or less minor AI intelligency level 2-4 battle AI improvements.
* Further balanced all weapon prices and adjusted a few weapons' statistics.
* The dirt terrain was remade and looks a lot better now.
* Further improved the unit toughness determining.
* Balanced shield blocking bonuses and shield prices changed because of that.
* Balanced melee hitting chances greatly, especially the shields affected the blocking chance by way too much.
* The giants' story was rewritten.
* There were some other, minor changes.

New features:

* The real battles are now integrated into the game's flow instead of the temporary solution and the AI vs. AI simulation battles now simulate with the real battle algorithms.
* Human vs. human battles now possible.
* AI is now able to also cast Negate and Cure, therefore all spells.
* The temporary spell graphics of: Bad luck, Sorrow, Tear from inside, Enchanted strength and Giant's strength were replaced with their likely final versions.
* Centaurs' story written and implemented.
* Minor: You can now scroll the face avatar bar also with the Mouse scroll.

Last edited by Tertsi on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the current crash I'm getting with this patch (which I can't seem to figure out what's causing it).

Save Game

(Right Click and save As)
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bug has been located and is now fixed and the fix will be included on the next version. It was caused by the code which handled AI attempts to escape with a group towards another group, which isn't very common. I noticed that you sometimes could get through the crash even before fixing it (meaning that the AI clan didn't try that that time) so you could be able to continue your saved game without the patch.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks!

For myself, I've tried about 10-15 times, with it working just once (but I didn't train my guys so I quit and re-loaded game and didn't work :p).

Glad you fixed it! Smile
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again. Heres the latest bugs I've found (and Suggestions after playing more).

I've also included my save file for the latest bug (that just happend, so I got go futher ><).

Bugs:
Arch mage AI problem (I'm sure not just them, but happened to them). After not playing any games for about 2 divisions (they start in Division 1, now in 3), I decided to spy on them to see what's going on. They had 3 Guys all dead, but with some pretty good weapons they could easily sell (plus about 300ish GP saved up) but they didn't spend any of it to revive or anything, so for about 3 seasons they lose all games, but don't get erased cause they plus money.

------------------

Cups won't display the results of the matches until you play the next round (except for the very final glory cup battle it displays right away). So you have to play another match before you can view the updated cups bracket.

-----------------

Currently I've switced to my Wife's Laptop (instead of my computer I was playing on), and on her laptop the AI battles sometimes pause for very long periods of time. (I think was happening on mine, reason I though was freezing). If you wait a little bit (anywhere from 30 Seconds to 3 Min) they evenutally finish the match, but in retail people would definately complain about the watch. And every time it happens its always the same team for that season, EX. The season I on now, Might of Chaos does it every few games (sometimes every game), and the team changes the different seasons (some seasons doesn't happen though).

----------------

Twice in battle I've had an Imp Mage (two different battles) cast Mana Drain on my guys, after it drains my mana, the guy just sits there with 0 above his head, but never finishes his move, so I have to exit out and play the battle again.

---------------

As you can see on current save, I'm getting:

Notification:
Hold on while loading:
- 24 AI bidding Rounds
- AI Clan Management

but it doesn't let me X out or anything (I had to turn off computer one time).

---------------

2 Player Mode, in battle once (only time ever happened), odd effects were happening after every person's turn. It looked like Lighting (the lighting spell) and it would randomly come in and then hit the ground, then the player would move. It was a 1v1 battle in Division 8. I had an Archer (Bow equip) and they had a Rouge (no wep), so we sit there fighting hand/hand for awhile then started happening.

Thats all the bugs so far :p, now for some suggestions! Smile

Suggestions

Ability to see other Teams Schedule (Record), like your Season Standings thing, I think it would be wonderful to see theirs (like Sports, you can see how they face next and how much they won by) because I've always loved seeing how the CPU does against eachother (especially my teams I like Smile)

------------------

To somehow know the difference between Types. For Example, whats the difference in the game between an Mage/Archmage? I know an Archmage is more powerful (in games/book etc..) but whats the main difference for buying an Archmage over a Mage, even though the Mage is better stats wise across the board? So I guess i trying to say Type Bonuses over others.

------------------

2-Player (plus more) mode, I think in the Cups you should highlight all Human Clans in some kind of color. Because for more than one player it just highlights the current selected clan in red, not the other human controlled unit, but the chances that your friend is right there playing is high, and its easier for them to follow if they in red also. (I was playing alone Razz, just goofing around). And I think the same could be said about Divisions, having all Human Clans highligted in Red (or something).

Thats about all for now, here's the Save File (Spy Arch mage Clan to see what I mean, also about the Error Notificaiton).

Save:
Saved Game

And one question. How is the unit's Toughness Determined?

Thanks,
Atma
Tertsi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Arch mage AI problem (I'm sure not just them, but happened to them). After not playing any games for about 2 divisions (they start in Division 1, now in 3), I decided to spy on them to see what's going on. They had 3 Guys all dead, but with some pretty good weapons they could easily sell (plus about 300ish GP saved up) but they didn't spend any of it to revive or anything, so for about 3 seasons they lose all games, but don't get erased cause they plus money."

- This bug is now fixed and the fix will be seen on the 0.91 version.

Cups won't display the results of the matches until you play the next round (except for the very final glory cup battle it displays right away). So you have to play another match before you can view the updated cups bracket.

- This isn't really a bug and this is caused by the way the date scheduler is coded, it will bring a bunch of additional work to make it update right away but will probably be worth it so this will be changed on the 0.91 or 0.92 version.

The laptop problem could be caused by a bug which is already fixed on the upcoming 0.91 version, so it needs to be retested on the 0.91 version.

"Twice in battle I've had an Imp Mage (two different battles) cast Mana Drain on my guys, after it drains my mana, the guy just sits there with 0 above his head, but never finishes his move, so I have to exit out and play the battle again."

- This bug is now fixed and the fix will be seen on the 0.91 version.

I'll look into the saved game bug and if it's a new bug it will be fixed on the 0.91 version.

"2 Player Mode, in battle once (only time ever happened), odd effects were happening after every person's turn. It looked like Lighting (the lighting spell) and it would randomly come in and then hit the ground, then the player would move. It was a 1v1 battle in Division 8. I had an Archer (Bow equip) and they had a Rouge (no wep), so we sit there fighting hand/hand for awhile then started happening."

This is Thunder storm, not a bug. The thunder storm kills everything it hits and is cast automatically if a battle takes too long and can also be cast by mages.

----------------

"Ability to see other Teams Schedule (Record), like your Season Standings thing, I think it would be wonderful to see theirs (like Sports, you can see how they face next and how much they won by) because I've always loved seeing how the CPU does against eachother (especially my teams I like Smile)"

- This is a good suggestion for the gold version, along with this some related features which are planned for the gold version are: the season's battle archives and the ability to watch OR simulate AI vs. AI battles.

------------------

"To somehow know the difference between Types. For Example, whats the difference in the game between an Mage/Archmage? I know an Archmage is more powerful (in games/book etc..) but whats the main difference for buying an Archmage over a Mage, even though the Mage is better stats wise across the board? So I guess i trying to say Type Bonuses over others."

- Things like this will soon be seen in the manual and/or tutorial.

"2-Player (plus more) mode, I think in the Cups you should highlight all Human Clans in some kind of color. Because for more than one player it just highlights the current selected clan in red, not the other human controlled unit, but the chances that your friend is right there playing is high, and its easier for them to follow if they in red also. (I was playing alone Razz, just goofing around). And I think the same could be said about Divisions, having all Human Clans highligted in Red (or something)."

You can already just tab to see other players highlighted in red but it will likely be better the way you suggested so this suggestion will be implemented on the 0.92 version.

"And one question. How is the unit's Toughness Determined?"

It's a complex process which calculates every unit statistic which matters and how much they matter and then sum the values up, the unit's equipment and skill therefore both matter when determining the toughness.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: