Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(beta version thread) tactics for first battle/round

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brankos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: (beta version thread) tactics for first battle/round Reply with quote

how you start 1st battles - i mean: do you take just 1 good creature, and train him up max, or take few not-so-good and then proceed to battle?

i never got any good tactics...
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, nice, although a little early opening for the forum category.

Propably the best tactic to advance in the divisions in the current 0.8 version is to focus on equipment and recruit only one fighter first. Only recruit more units when your current units have at least average equipment. By the end of the first season, 1-3 units are enough (3 only if you managed to win the small clans' cup). Training strength so that you can get a certain item seems to be the only training worth-while on the first season, later on, having one or more elite units is likely a good tactic. It is hard to tell how much that will change though. When you have 3 or more units in your clan, clan training is usually more beneficial.

As the battles where you get the gold are currently simulated and lots of spells are missing, the tactics will change a lot.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My method (which did me rather well Wink ):

2 Units at very start:
Rouge (Fighter Class)
Wizard

I focused all equipment on the Rouge, starting with weapons then working up to armor etc..

The only things I bought for the wizard were Spells (Firebolt/Frostbolt firstly).

Then I slowly worked on improving these two characters:

For the Rouge I focused on Strength, then Toughness, then Melee Fighting.

For the Wizard I focused on Mana, then moved to INT after a bit, then back to Mana, then dogding.

After winning the cup you get tons of money, I bought an awesome sword for my Rouge, and with it I could pretty much kill any Division 8 monster in one, two hits max (I got the umm...3rd best Long Sword).

As for strategy:

I keep a distance (with both units) from enimes and make them come to me. WHile they travel up to me I can blast them with my Wizard (weaking and sometimes killing them) then finishing off with my Rouge.

(Never fought a Wizard in this Season I played, did in another and he beat both my units before I even got to him :p).

Good Luck Smile
Ivalok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

After playing for an hour or so, I've really liked the game so far.. Smile
It took a while to get used to some controls without the tutorial though and my saved game got messed up on the sixth division and I had to start all over again. Sad
I found out that buying a strong melee unit like ogre at the beginning gives you a better chance for winning the small cup. The cup gave like 10000 or so gold which made it quite easy to advance in the next division.. I only lost once in the seventh division right after advancing, which was straight after my ogre had to go and my new unit wasn't as good. Sad Archers seem to need a good bow to be as useful as a mage so I don't think you should buy an archer on the first season. I tried to recruit an archer on the seventh division but I only had enough money to buy it a crappy bow before my save got messed up on the sixth division.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah once I hit division 7 it was very easy (undefeated), and once I hit six my save also messed up (luckily I had a backup from beginning of 7 though), now I backup a lot :p!

And about mid Div 7 I added a Knight and another Wizard to my Units. My Rouge/Knight/Wizard/Wizard are very hard to stop (Lost twice in division 6, one time in cup (forgot to add Knight to battle) and then after that No money so had like 1 guy in battle (almost won vs 3 units). :p (But taht saved messed up so I'm 2-0 in division, but getting error when playing tied top team in division, trying to work out why it crashing)!
Andrew Williams

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning that first season proved rather tricky. I sailed through until I hit a team that I later found were top of Division 7 and had much better equipment than I could get. They creamed my crack squad. In the end I found the best thing to do was... lose. It was a cup match (a rather unfortunate first round for me to be lumbered with) and after I got past that the battles became easy again.

Then the season ended and all my lovely units finished their contracts. Bah. Suddenly I'm at the start of a new division with a second-rate archer and my lovely mysteryarch and his minotaur bodyguards have gone. Chalk it up to a learning experience and begin again...

This time I planned ahead, and found a mysteryarch I could get a membership contract for. I then couldn't afford any other troops. In order to equip him at all (I need 4 - this is Game B, folks) I bought some goblins and the like on 1-battle contracts. Bye bye after a first, hopeless battle. Only my mysteryarch had any spells/equipment.

I have now finished the first season and he's been killed about twelve times - but every battle I've taken out at least a few of the enemy. He has a firebolt spell at 90%+ success rate now. He also earns me some money for those kills. I've just started the second season and I'm aiming to win the bottom division this time. I've earned enough money for a minotaur on a membership contract. Slowly I am creating an army!
Andrew Williams

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and one of my minotaurs was called... Kevin. It seemed rather an odd name for a minotaur to me.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Smile

Glad you liking game, if you read Strategy maybe it'll help out a bit more (this is a beta version thread). And if you have any questions just ask...I've played quite a lot on my current game (and other games/beta).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: