Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: another question Reply with quote

Does getting dodge up on my moutain troll or my orgre do anything esp if they have heavy plate on?

edit bad selling sorry went to the pub wit friends before i posted Twisted Evil

err selling = spelling well the pub thing went well any who Laughing
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes dodge is very good, and the armor doesn't effect it. Characters with high dodge are very powerful (I have 2 that have great dodge). And then add some great armor and they are god-like.

Armor also doesn't effect anything but Speed Points (movement).

Hope this helps.
Cardog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for the info . Im doing a M troll an ogre and 2 elf archer mages.In theory its sound.But the elves plus the 2 titans cost me so much per turn i can never aford to get the 2 melees enough good armor to withstand the cheap archers on other teams (this is around 5th group)

Even if i get my troll with 85 hps and my ogre with 66 hps hasted with mid lv plate they take like 35 damage a pop from like 3 cheap archers on the other side and never make it to em.Easy fix for this dont make melee price per turn so high. If you save up enough for a troll or an ogre You shouldnt be penalized so much.In group 6 or 5 you never get enough gold to outfit em.With my 4 guys is like 1200 per battle salrey.I think if i ever could get them good armor theyed do fine but 1200 sal when winning 2600 gold plus training every turn ... well.The way i see it to win is to get cheap archers rogue or just archers cost crap per turn can kill at will at like 30 range.Good melee would work i think but the salry price is so high you can never afford the 35 ac plate.

Err so to break down that rant 3 kick ass mellees that cost 1200 gp a turn as members wearing crap will never beat 3 crap ass archers with the best missle weapons that cost 400 per turn. For the simple reason i only win like 2700 a battle and half that goes to salery.

3 archers on bad guy team only need 3 good bows and the units are cheap my melees need good helm good armor and 10 years to get there even hasted.Oh and good weapons if they survive to kick ass if they get there.And my 2 elves stone skin the ogre and the troll too dont matter like 35 dam a whack and they have mid lv plate and helm.

On the off side the ai isnt super bright so if i made like 2 rogues and 3 archers i could prob win the game in like 8 hours played but im kinda a melee nut.Magic does seem balanced though the whole archer i win button kinda anoying. If they can kick so much ass the ranged units should cost more then they wouldnt have the best bow in the game by div 5 while my melee units cost 485 gold (troll) per turn well over 1k for my 4 units.

ps love the game too man playin the hell outa it just anoying on the ranged to melee thing Smile

doh im drunk put this on wrong topic delete it from here ill repost
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, archers are overpowered sadly. He reduced their attack 30% (could you imagine before that heh). You could always mod your game (if you have Gold Edition) to put the unit stats to what you like, if so I would deduct the range attack even more. I haven't done it yet (I'm in 1st Division) but after I win it all, I might do that and try and balance it then I'll let people know.

Smile

I do have 2 awesome Melee Units w/very high armor/dodge, and if they get close enough can kill pretty much anything, but its hard to get close, you have to overwhelm the lines with units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: