Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment Warehouses, Career Stats, and Manager\Player Mode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul_G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Equipment Warehouses, Career Stats, and Manager\Player Mode. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've had this game for a week now - just figured out how powerful archers can be and am currently pounding Division 4 senseless with them.

Anyway, here are my suggestions.

1. Equipment storage for your clan - (an obvious one to me).

Instead of being forced to sell items when upgrading a unit or when a guy leaves your clan, let's have the option of putting armor into an armory in your clan so that you can give it to another character.

The way things are right now, the shorter term contracts are only meaningful for wizards, who can be effective without equipment, and cannon fodder, who are just around to get shot with arrows. Hiring a decent fighter or archer short term would be stupid because you're paying a 30% surcharge for their equipment - and this is a big deal in the higher divisions, where you need to hang at least 10,000 gold worth of equipment on a warrior or archer if you want him to be worth a crap.

2. Career Stats.

It's nice that we can see on a character screen how many kills a character has had, how many battles, and so on. But how about having a button on that screen which shows what he did in each season, and who he played for? It would add a bit more life to the characters.

3. Managerial/Player Modes.

My team is in division 4 and hasn't lost a regular season match in 4 years. But I look over at some of those perpetually crappy teams in division 7 and 8, who win 2 matches a year, and wonder how well I could do with them.

How about having an option where you, like the characters you hire, get hired by a team for a certain length of time and get a contract extension if you do well?

Another idea I had was, to actually be a player in the game. You could pay to develop your own stats, and decide which offers you want to pursue with which team. When you actually got involved in a battle, the AI would control everyone but you.

Overall, it's a great game though. There are so few like it. Gladius for the consoles (which was ruined by a lame-ass storyline) and Crush Deluxe (which is abandoned) are the only other games of this genre out there. With a bit more depth I think Battles of Norghan can be a real Blockbuster. Cool
Paul_G

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: One more thing. Reply with quote

The summon spells as they stand are expensive and completely worthless. Summoned creatures stay almost right next to the wizard who created them and die when the wizard dies. Given that, anyone who successfully summons anything is guaranteed to get shot with arrows before the creatures can get involved in combat.

Summon would be better if you actually controlled the creatures you summon, or if at least they just blindly charged the enemy... and they should also last through the end of the battle or until they get killed. After all, it's not like they're that strong.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times have you faced summoned creatures? While it sometimes just forces you to concentrate on the caster more, the summoned creatures can be deadly when they get to you. I don't think they are powerful, but I don't think they should be significantly more powerful if at all.
Paul_G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fair amount, though I'm not an expert on them. The only ones who have gotten to me have been wolves, and that was mostly out of curiousity on my part to see what they were capable of.

The thing is, even if someone summoned Thor himself, I'd know that I have nothing to worry about because he'll make no effort to attack me until the spellcaster gets close to my group. I wouldn't even say that having summoned creatures would make me concentrate more on the caster. Given a choice, I'll shoot at an opposing archer or a more problematic type of spellcaster before I'll worry about a summoner.

In fact, I've never once wasted an arrow on a summoned creature. Because they stay attached to the summoner, if the creature is in range then the summoner will be, too. And most spellcasters are not going to have strong armor.

I'm not saying summoned creatures should be stronger. But I am saying that they should be more versatile and be able to force the opposing team to do something about them, even if that something is shooting one arrow at them.

I bring this up because in other games I love characters like this, but here I don't see any value in them. Confused

Does anyone here use summon effectively against tough opposition?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: