Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some suggestions/fixes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Some suggestions/fixes. Reply with quote

Yeah, I know this should be in the suggestions section but I can't be arsed to register for yet another forum, and I don't need to in order to post here. Embarassed

A few things I would change -

1. A lot of complaints seem to focus on the map, finding opponents, and centering on the right player. Well, why not just make the map smaller? Unless things change dramatically at the upper divisions, I think the map is probably about twice as big as it should be.

2. *My peeve so far*. The 'select warriors for battle' thing, where you check the guys who will participate in the next fight, should be in a whole seperate screen at the beginning of a battle. I've lost a couple of battles because my best player or two became unchecked for some reason and I had to fight using nothing but cannon fodder. It's especially bad when you only realize that someone is unchecked as the schedule of matches before yours is played out... knowing that your match hasn't started yet but you can't make a crucial change. The irony is that the people most likely to make this mistake are beginning players or people playing the demo, and that's when losing a battle can ruin you.

3. A 'resign' or 'throw in the towel' option - Some battles, you know reasonably early on that you're going to get crushed. A resign option would be nice - when you click resign the opponent gets paid as though they wiped out your squad, but you don't have to pay to resurrect your warriors. It also saves 5 minutes of time, playing a battle where you're just getting pulverized and not executing any strategy. The AI could have the same option. It would also mean that the weaker clans wouldn't lose as much money and would stay competitive.

Well, that's all. The game overall is right up my alley - I love this kind of thing. What I've mentioned is pretty minor really. Smile
Barrrt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good points there, guest.

#2: I had the same problems when I started off. The checking could be a lot clearer, for instance a bigger check, or a shade on un-checked characters.

#3: I agree, it is never very interesting to wait in a corner for the giants to finally smash your out-of-gas-wizard's brain out.
dom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you check out the competition before going into battle, and then forfeit the match if you do not want to compete? You can look in the divisions to see what league and position they are.
The spectators wouldn't enjoy it if there wasn't bloodshed, a surrender seems to spoil that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: