Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Community Mod Reply with quote

Ok, since I'm abandoning the FF Mod (due to Legal Issues), I thought a coummity mod would be fun.

Here's how I have it planned:

-Each member gives 5-10 Clan Names. (Don't pick silly/completely dumb names, like Clan N00b or something, be kinda serious please Wink ).

-Ideas for Equipment (Every type, you like a certain name for a piece, let me know (Even sets)).

-Character First/Last Names (Make a list, as many as you wish heh, and they will be added).

-Possible Balances
I plan on decreasing the range for Bows by 4-6 I believe, to give a more Melee Based fighting (thought bows will still have an impact.

-Unit Information (Different Unit Names, Stats, etc...)

I'd like everyone's input and if its acceptable (and I can do) I will try my hardest.

-I would also like to mess around with the graphics, though I'm not to sure how hard this would actually be, we'll see! Very Happy

Input Time!!! I will also post mine soon (I have 2 Clan Names already), will post all in another post.

EDIT:

CLAN NAMES
1. Emishi Clan (Atma)
2. The Returners (Atma)

ITEM NAMES

ITEM STATS
-All Bows -(4-6) Range

UNIT NAMES

UNIT STATS

CHARACTER NAMES
(Falco's Names, will post later)

MISC

Last edited by AtmaVegeta on Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, use my names mod that i added here, pretty please Smile.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all the names in your mod unique? (Not BoN Names). If so I will add them also! Smile

You have any clan/item names you would like!? Very Happy

I'll also Update in "Main Post", and just post so you know new stuff added.

Also Tertsi, since this will be legal could you give me some heads up to where to modify the clans names in source code. Thanks.
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtmaVegeta wrote:
Are all the names in your mod unique? (Not BoN Names). If so I will add them also! Smile

You have any clan/item names you would like!? Very Happy

I'll also Update in "Main Post", and just post so you know new stuff added.

Also Tertsi, since this will be legal could you give me some heads up to where to modify the clans names in source code. Thanks.
hmm, i included the BoN ones with it, because it was meant to extend it. Hmm, i dont think anyone wants to go pick out the BoN ones either. Of cours,e I can add some last names later, which i will be sure not to emrge with BoN names.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To modify the clan names list, you'll need to open the BattlesofNorghan.exe with a hex-editor. Just search for a default clan name, for example search for Rising Force. I haven't tried editing BoN executable with a hex-editor though so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it that easily.
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tertsi wrote:
To modify the clan names list, you'll need to open the BattlesofNorghan.exe with a hex-editor. Just search for a default clan name, for example search for Rising Force. I haven't tried editing BoN executable with a hex-editor though so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it that easily.
yeah but that's annoying to do.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it works modding the names that way, but the only problem I've found is, the name must be excatly the same lenght as the pre-existing name. I'm going to mess around with more (been very busy with thanksgiving) and hopefully find a solution to avoid this problem. Smile
Barrrt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice you made a mod with diminished bow ranges.
I am going to try it as soon as I finish my current game.
dom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try and add in a auction house for unique weapons (magical ones), where you bid against other clans like the mercanary camp.
Paul_G

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else tried increasing the speed of melee types?

Because even if you reduce bow ranges, it still doesn't make melee types effective because they still have to run so far. It increases the strength of spellcasters.

I've increased fighter speed and decreased the starting distance in battles and it seems to work quite well so far... though I'm only in Div. 8 right now with this game. The average fighter (a knight) wearing light armor now moves at 10 on average, and a barbarian moves at 15.

This makes characters expensive, but to offset that I've made certain classes specialize in certain weapons only. A black knight for example tends to be good with long swords and axes... and no other weapons. It also gives characters more personality IMO.

I'm sure there are weaknesses to this, but I'll play a few more seasons and see what I have here. I want to see how things are once I get to the mid to high level phase of the game and people start getting Taulmerit bows with high ranged skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: