Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on melee fighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Advice on melee fighting Reply with quote

Hi
I always play mode A using a night so far....everytime i fight i mix up my attack with a couple of shots to the torso then a couple two the head.....then by the 3rd batlle or sooner i get stomped...any advice for a knight appreciated...
ttomm46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

i didn't realize i wasn't logged in when i wrote this

ttomm46
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continue hitting the same unit with your melee unit over and over until it's dead.
Compare the target's helm and armour. If the armour's defence is higher, you should try hitting head with a knight and if not, hit torso. (Later on it's not as simple as that to determine which one you should try to hit.)
Also, knight is not the best first melee unit (they'll be better later on in the game). So if they still seem to beat you, you might want to try recruiting a fighter with strength over 15 with a year's contract in the beginning.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Don't play A)

I would (if getting a Knight), first off make sure you get the correct Weapons. Check that units "Stats" and pick a weapon he is already somewhat proficent in (Long Swords are best in my opinion). Then after every battle train him (either Toughness, Strength, or Melee Fighting (I usally first two cause can max faster).

As for attacking units, I normally go for body (head misses much more though does more damage). The only way I go for head is A) I'm almost dead and last ditch, B) I have high Melee Hit %, or C) They have good body armor and I can't hurt much. Also Shields can be very good (with one handed users). And like Tertsi said, get Year contract to start NOT membership! (Even if that person is older or almost retired, you can get cheaper but still do good and get some money in).
juzzo1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: fighting Reply with quote

I play A too. I find the best unit to start with is a barbarian (str and cost)

get him the strongest weap you can (upgrade over a few fights if you must)

work on armor too.

charge druids when they start summoning, ignore everyone untill that druid is done.

use your action points up..Hit em and use the remaining points to run from them, half the time you can get far enough away that they cant attack. (I guess you need a fast merc for this....ie Barbarian)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: