Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crushes in Demo 1.021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Crushes in Demo 1.021 Reply with quote

Downloaded the Demo (v. 1.021) from your site today. It seems it randomly crashes to Windows.

First crash was after i did ALT-Tab to another window - well, i suppose it can happen but if this is the case warning in a manual would be good.

Second crash was after if finally bought in a Mercenary Camp 4 Units - i decided to check available menus and clicked on Division Rankings - crashed to desktop again...

And last one was when i decided to post here and run the Demo to check its version. After i verified it has last version available, i clicked on Quit button, got additional page of (Do you want to buy it now) and then game crashed as well.

MGEngine has no error messages, so i am lost about the reason of all this crashes... It is hard to evaluate a game if innocent actions drop you to windows and force to start again - had no chance to save a game or view combat yet Sad Maybe someone will suggest possible reason for those crashes?
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like your Windows virtual memory buffer (A.K.A page file) size is too small.
The recommended size is over 1 GB.
To check and/or adjust its size, go to system properties -> Additional settings (or something similar) -> performance settings (or something similar).
If that's not it I'll try to help you further.

None of those problems have occured in the past as far as I know, except that Alt + Tab crash which was caused by the virtual memory buffer being too small on a reviewer's computer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Didn't have much time to test, but was able to create a team, go through one battle and exit without problems. So looks like the advice was correct and hopefully solved the problem.

P.S. Just wondering, is it actually possible to save in Demo mode? Or is there save button at all - didn't notice it in any menu so far.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game saves automatically after every battle and when you quit (on game year 800 and thereafter) in all versions of the game. The saved games are also cross-compatible so you can use your Demo Version saved game in the Full and Gold versions too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: