Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gold Version! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Gold Version! :) Reply with quote

Just ordered Gold Version...can't wait to test out the modding. I'll post once I mess around more. Smile
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are excited to see what mods people can come up with.
I'll give some coverage for goods modifications too so other Gold Version players could see them if that's what the modder wants.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking, is it possible to change the Names of the Clans (I don't see a File for it). I'd like to change Current (and future) clans names. Thanks!
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did any of my links cause peopel to come and buy the game yet? I really want this, but im still poor Sad
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The modding instructions and tips page is now finished and uploaded.
Go check it out at http://www.battlesofnorghan.com/modding.htm.
It will also be edited if and when necessary.

It's possible to change the current names of the clans by opening the saved game with an internet browser and simply finding the clan name you want to edit and editing it. At the time the future clan names list is a constant list in the source code so they can't be edited unless you want to mess with a hex editor.

Sorry but I don't think anyone has from your links yet, falco1029.
Because you're already so involved with the community and already trying to help in many ways etc. I can give the Full Version of the game for free to you so you'll only need the $5.99 to have the Gold Version.
For example Atmavegeta was an active beta tester and got the Full Version for free also but decided to order the Gold Version so I don't want to be unfair and give the Gold Version away for free straight away.
I've PM'd you the details.
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i misunderstood your pm (which i looked at first), i thought you thought i said peole had come because of me. Ignore the reply, ill email the stuff
Iron Specter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Just got the gold edition Reply with quote

This is a great game. Just what I was looking for. I screwed up my first battle. I was playing regular difficulty mode B. Didn't really understand the importance of hiring at least four units and got slaughterd the first battle. Started over and hired four and won the next few battles. I am hitting a new block now. There only seems to be enough money to hire one full member to start. The rest I one year contract. I haven't earned enough money to pick up a second member yet. I see that becoming a problem later. Need to work on my financing.
One thing I would have liked is an easy to print version of the hot key commands. The web page based one is not very print friendly. The hot seating instructions could be emphasised better and how about a muti-computer mode? I would love to trash my friends clans.
Thanks for the great work on this. I will send my friends your way.
Iron Specter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Ahh Ha Reply with quote

I just figured out you can scroll the list down to get to some cheaper units. That will help my financial problems.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Nevermind figured out. When changing names in Save File, I used Notepad (I'm sure wordpad would also) and just save, don't save as. Smile

Also, which file would I need to edit for changing the Clan Names inside the source code?

I think I'm going to try and make a Final Fantasy based mod (Clans, Items, Names, etc...) for fun. I've got a Hex Editor, but figure this will make things bit easier knowing which file need to work with thanks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: