Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eternal_dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Maps Reply with quote

I think there could be some improvement to the maps, especially the ones with obstacles in it.

1. Allow players to place units on the map in a different formation each battle. For example, presently, the player ALWAYS has to place his units in a horizontal "spawning" band laid out the width of the map. What I'm suggesting is having a random factor into it. Mebbe sometimes a 6x6 square for one player in the middle of the map, then the opposing player, having a ring of "spawning" land around that square.

2. Have different speed limitations based on the terrain. Example: in forested areas, let there be a 1 speed penalty, in desert, let there be 2 speed penalty for quicksand areas, but NOT for the entire map, and in snow (if you could add that map), there could be a 1-2 speed penalty. This makes flying units that much better.

3. Make maps with hills and valleys. This can change gameplay a lot and make the game much more strategic. Arrows can deal more damage shooting Downhill than Uphill. Also, going down a hill is faster, so a 2 speed BOOST can be added while a 1-2 speed PENALTY can be added for climbing uphill. Also, more damage can be caused by charging downhill and less damage is caused by thrusting uphill.
*as a bonus, this can balance out the battles because clans start at random places, so even the best clan can be defeated by starting in a hole and being surrounded by enemy troops.

4. Different races have different affinities for different terrain. For example, since elves naturally live in forests, they should experience no speed penalty in wooded areas (see suggestion 2), mountain trolls should move quicker on dirt, since mountains are made of dirt, etc.

5. To FURTHER balance teams out, the lower ranked clan should choose the terrain for the cup battles. This I suggest because it's sometimes really unfair for a 5th division clan to face the eventual glory cup winner in the first round without a chance of winning. If suggestions 2, 4 are implemented, then by having the lower clan choose the terrain, they stand a much better chance.

These are all suggestions, and they would involve more work, but I think by following these suggestions, a new dimension of strategy and balance could be created in this already great game. However, I hope you'll make the changes in the demo version as well, as I haven't gotten the Gold version yet. Wink
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, these suggestions are great.
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions.
Those hills were considered in the design process but would have taken too much time to implement. So those would be added in Battles of Norghan 2 if we will develop it.

We are busy working on the next game and on a multi-platform game engine for our next game and for Battles of Norghan Mac version but after that we will consider new feature suggestions for Battles of Norghan.

Thread moved to player suggestions forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: