Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 0.91 version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: The 0.91 version Reply with quote

Bug fixes:

* In some rare cases the cup of glory match scheduler could have picked clan X two times therefore a match where the X clan has to fight itself could have been arranged and the simulation of such a match got stuck. Now the cup of glory match scheduler will surely only pick a clan once.
* There was an AI group creatition bug which caused various undefined trouble.
* A crash was caused by the code which handled AI attempts to escape with a group towards another group, which isn't very common.
* If an AI clan didn't have enough gold to resurrect an unit but had an unit or units with equipment left, it wouldn't sell any equipment to resurrect an unit, now the AI clans do so.
* Minor: When magical punch was cast to an unit which had magical shield, the fist would continue to show where it was punched at untill magical punch was cast again.

Changes:

* Text input cursors now flash.
* Changed the fonts of the following to be more clear and readable: Difficulty descriptions, Unit statistics, Mercenary camp, Battles' red alert texts and Shops' item information.
* Made the assigning battle commands steps more intuitive.
* Made the starting a new game steps more intuitive.
* If an AI clan's all units are dead, without equipment and not enough money to resurrect an unit, the AI clan is granted to resurrect one unit with negative gold per round if the gold debt isn't too high. However 'dead' clans like this will still be replaced at the end of the season if they continue being 'dead'.
* AI controlled units who aren't in a group can decide to escape now also.
* Drain mana's range was increased to 20 from 15.
* An answered prayer now only restores 2-5 mana points instead of 3-7.
* Balanced spell costs, mainly increased them by ~40%.
* Balanced some parts of unit payment costs.
* Balanced the toughness determining code's weapon skill factors.
* Balanced training costs and intelligence price / training affecting formulas.
* The AI clans can now better determine which unit's piece of equipment it should sell when the AI clan needs more gold.
* AI controlled melee fighters who can also cast a basic spell or two now will better determine if they should move towards a ranged threat or cast a spell. In previous versions a melee fighter could have for example stopped to cast minor healing on self with a poor success chance while a ranger would continue to shoot it.
* Improved AI haste casting.
* Ogres and Mountain trolls were made slightly worse (mainly their weapon and punching skills).
* Minor: Enemy unit info now shows the amount of battles the unit has been in and the unit's total kills and it no longer shows the age of the unit.
* There were some other, minor changes.

New features:

* More notification boxes to tell you about winnings, forfeits, unit retirement, division changes etc. were implemented.

Last edited by Tertsi on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again! Smile Been playing new version, looking good so far, but still few things! (I read the Planning on post, so won't post those bugs/suggestions).

Bugs:
Options Menu: When you first load the options menu the Music/SFX bar is past the "Maximum" allowable, just a small thing, but if your looking for the slider, can be tricky.

------------------------

In first "New Game" I started up, I bought two units for one year contracts. Well I paid off their Fees before their year was up, but at the end of the year One Guy (Knight) left, while (Archer) never left and its been 3 Years and I don't pay Salary for him either (good for me though :p).

------------------------

Battle Salary is a bit fishy. It doesn't display the "up to date" salary after buying a new unit (even though he's checked) until you un-check him then re-check him. Then it updates the salary to current.

------------------------

Quote:
* If an AI clan's all units are dead, without equipment and not enough money to resurrect an unit, the AI clan is granted to resurrect one unit with negative gold per round if the gold debt isn't too high. However 'dead' clans like this will still be replaced at the end of the season if they continue being 'dead'.

Still had problem. Gormiat's Mercenaires got up to division 3 or 4 then this happened again. On my current Save I just spyed them and they have 1k gold and no Units (but last Division I checked they had 500 gold and Unit(dead) with like 2/3 equipment). And never resurrected him for 2 years (I check after about a Year, so not positive on this, but they weren't playing any matches, and didn't get replaced as team), now they in Division 5.

But I like how you added this feature, because it allows for a mix-up so to say. The crappiest teams still have a chance to get a victory and make a come back.

------------------------

Got up to Division 6, but nows it crashing the Glory Cup final. Added Save at bottom of post.

Suggestions:
Sorting Age: Currently when you sort age, it does it by how much time the unit has left. When I first read it I thought it would actually do it by age, which is what I feel most people would think (and think would be best to do).
Example:
47/47 would be higher than 120/156 currently.
But better would have 120 above 47, because 120 age is higher, even though the unit will retire later than the 47 one.

------------------------

I like the text a lot better, while its not near as cool you can actually read everything so its a good job there! Smile

------------------------

I think it would be great to be able to see how many battles are left on a units contract. I find it frustrating when I get a unit for 5 battles and forget how many battles I have left with that unit. (Because I save units for later battles, if fighting weak opponents. So I lose track).

------------------------

Save/Load Features:

Saving each round is a good idea, but if you do this I think you should "auto-save" when the player exits. Otherwise they can spy a clan, then quit then spy another, then quit etc...without ever really using their money. (Though it would take time, but it is a loop hole). Or even the ability to let the Player deciede when to save?

Loading is fine, but on the load screen it would be nice to be ability to delete old saved games. As it is now you have to go into the folder and delete it, which is a bad idea. Because it may lead people to looking around at other stuff and possibly deleting, then you will have a lot of Tech Questions. (Yes dumb people do exist ^_^).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the Text Input at first for clan, I can now put Capital without having to Smash the letter. Thanks (I guessing you did something to fix this). Also the ability to attack the unit by right clicking him, instead of having to go back to your unit and selecting attack (hated that).

This after a night of planning. Smile

Also this was tested on my Desktop. I will test it on the Laptop in next few days.

Save: Save File

-Dustin
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around half of the bugs you mentioned are fixed now and as soon as the other half is fixed I will post an updated executable here (less than 2 MB) and update the 0.91 installer.

I think the current age difference determining is more useful than the age itself, but we'll see what others think before changing or deciding to stick with it.

The how many battles are left on an unit's contract is a good idea and will likely be implemented soon.

The saved game in-game deleting will likely also be implemented.

EDIT: Did Gorniat's mercenaries have a battle next round when you spied on them? As it could have been that their units' contracts ended that round and they would recruit an unit before the next battle.

Last edited by Tertsi on Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Reply Smile

Another Suggestion, was just going to edit post, but you've already read it lol.

On the Statistics Page, having your Clan/Units in red like in the Cups. Its a pain having to look through all the names for your clan in say Clan Toughness.

Just an Idea Smile, and can't wait for bug fixes. I was doing good :p, want to finally get Division 5 (game always bugs when I hit 6 or before).

EDIT: Luckily I had save right before premoted to Division 6. They had a battle the next round, but forfieted it. (Was last game of that year). Then I skipped ahead to next Year and they get rid of Unit completely, and have about 1500 gold, the same as on my current game. So they never buy a Unit for that year (and its almost done).

Hehe thanks for hint. Will do, once get some more money for a good one :p

Last edited by AtmaVegeta on Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hint: Your barbarian Polen Tarang should use two one handed blunt weapons as his dual wielding skill is high. Wink
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The so far reported bugs of this version are now fixed and the installer was updated and for those who already downloaded the 0.91 installer, a new small 1.83 MB executable file has been put available, you can download it from this link. Just replace the old "BattlesofNorghan.exe" file with this file in the directory where the Battles of Norghan is installed.
Atmavegeta, your saved game should now work just fine.

EDIT: I just found out that I didn't fix the total battle salaries calculating problem on end bidding correctly for the 0.91 update, but it is now fixed for the 0.92.

Last edited by Tertsi on Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Just put on, and fixed the error occuring in save! Smile, will play more after work! And see if I find anything else!

Keep up the good work! Smile
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up to Division 5, and its getting hard. My 2/3 year in this division (breezed through to 6(6 was bit tought but went un-defeated except cup). Glory cups are impossible :p Haven't made past first round (though I could have once or twice, just got unlucky). I will win though!!!

Also its only crashed twice since New Update. One time the AI got stuck again, and when closed and try again was fine. Second time happen right before bed during AI battle. Will test it soon (just bought Guild Wars, so going to try that :p).

Also, Archers are freakin tough! Fighting 2 guys, (one being an archer) he can usally kill 2 of my guys before I get to them, because if Projectile unit, they always start further back it seems :p. (But I should invest in good armor...mine sucks compared to CPU's....:p).

Will keep you updated!
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upcoming 0.92 version already has at least one bug fixed which could have caused a simulation battle to get stuck. Do send the Stuck.txt though from the BoN folder.

Good archers and especially bows aren't cheap either. Smile
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was wrong on all these posts. I in Division 4, its hard (not 5 :p). 5 was bit tought but un-defeated in Division Play. But 4 is rock hard my bad!

Also a few I suppose Suggestions (not really bugs, at least bad).

In Battle:

I always have the "Unit Info" and "Message Display" Boxes open to see my Hit % Chance and Damage Info (and to see the Enemies Info). When I have both opened the Message Box goes past the bottom of screen (just barley). It used to not do this I'm pretty sure. Not sure reason it does now.

Also, when You have both boxes opened, you can see Units to the very right of the screen. The only way you can see them is to remove the boxes. I'm thinking it would be better to somehow move the boxes automatically if is the units turn (and he's covered by the box) or something. It would save people from having to close the boxes, then opening again. While a small thing, it might bug some people to have to do this in the rare occasins they at the far right.

Smile

Will keep you updated!
Tertsi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message box is supposed to go a bit over the lower decoration bar or else it wouldn't fit, it has also been like that for ages and it's not past the bottom of the screen (you can see the whole message box), unless your monitor settings make it look that way.

I think the consistency of having the UI bars at the same spot always is better and having to press one key to open/close the boxes hasn't bugged me or anyone else I know.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded .92....will check it out! Smile

And I think your problay right about consistency. Cause it might get confusing if the bar keeps jumping around. But it does get annoying :p, but I'm not off to the very far right that much so no big deal. (And Like you said I can take off Box, I'm just lazy hehe).

And about the box going over. I'm pretty sure would be my monitor, its a piece of ----.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: