Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The suggestions for the Gold Version thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: The suggestions for the Gold Version thread Reply with quote

Here's the current planned extra features of the Gold Version:

* The ability to spy enemy clans and see them like you see your own clan when managing it.
* All of the extra statistics currently marked with golden text in the game along with a statistics page ranking all clans' current gold pieces.
* The ability to easily modify the races' statistics and racial attributes, map theme appearing chances, equipment (you can even make new items), mercenaries' first names, mercenaries' last names, map starting positions (start closer or further away from the enemy) and more.
* The ability to cheat
* The ability to watch AI vs. AI battles, like the Cup of Glory finals.
* A new upper left battle UI icon will be added which if clicked, will enable or disable showing the range to your mouse cursor from the active unit.
* The custom difficulty is enabled so you can set the difficulty AI value adjustment and how much gold you earn compared to AI controlled clans.
* A fairly major new feature which will be decided with a poll in the forums.
* And maybe some other features which are decided here in the forums.

Some of these features are already finished, that's why making the Gold Version won't take very long.

Feel free to reply with any suggestions for the Gold Version.

Last edited by Tertsi on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the ability to see the other teams schedule would be nice. To see who they won/lost too and how many units they lost. Just like your Clan Screen but the option to view others somehow.
CustodianV131

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could setup mock battles to test out strategies and such. Like:

Where you define your team and that of the enemy. Thus being able to put certain race combinations against others and do themed clan. IE orcs, minotaurs and goblins VS knights, archers and mages ect.

An option to set an amount of gold to put a team together with the AI doing the same thing.

Also a quick battle option where you get thrown into the arena with a random group fighting an equally strong AI opponent would be great for quick fixes.
Godzilla Blitz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you’ve asked… Smile

Things I’d love to see in the game, in no particular order. I put asterisks by ones I'd particularly like to see.

* 1. Save Game Option (with the option to name the save)
The auto-save is nice, but sometimes the player just makes a stupid mistake. Also, I’d love to be able to save particularly interesting games to be able to try them a few times. Lastly, a saved game feature would allow me to save a game under a different name at the end of each season in my career. This would allow me to go back and look at how my team and my fighters have improved or gotten worse over the years.

2. A way to see standings from previous years.

3. A way to see season-by-season statistics for the individual fighters. I would envision it as a button you click on the fighter’s info window that pulls up another window that shows the fighters year-by-year stats (wins, losses, star of battle awards, etc.).

* 4. The ability to print data
A. A way to print a roster of your team, with important data/stats included.
B. A way to print the standings
C. A way to print individual fighter data in detail.
Even better for this would be a simple “Print to Notepad” function that dumps the statistical contents into an open notepad window for easy pasting into other programs (see Fast Break Basketball for an elegant way this feature is done). Taking it a step further, exporting stuff to HTML would be neat as well (see Out of the Park Baseball for an example of how this is done)

5. Clan vs. Clan records
Then you can see what clans are giving you trouble over time, and help foster a sense of rivalries.

8. A way to see the stats and records of retired fighters (not sure if this is in the game already).

9. A Hall of Fame.
Be neat if after a certain number of years after retirement, your fighter has a chance to be elected to the Hall of Fame, for the greatest fighters in the land. This would be a window you could open that would list the various members’ names. Clicking on the name would bring up the fighter’s stats and records.

10. At the beginning of a season, it would be nice to have the ability to give up control of your current clan and take control of another clan. A fair way to do this would be that you could only move down in division prestige. If you were at the top of division one, it would be nice to be able to try again from division eight, but without having to start a new game.

* 11. More all-time records, especially An All-Time Kill List! (Even better would be the feature to view the all-time lists by each individual race (an All-Time Kill List for Orcs, Giants, etc.)), as certain races with short careers (e.g., orcs) have little chance to compete with creatures with longer lifespans (e.g., elves).

12. The ability to edit a fighter’s name.

13. The ability to edit the name generation first and last name files, and the ability to substitute our own name files in place of the ones that come with the game.

14. It might be fun to have the option (player determined, at the beginning of a game) to not let a player see the upcoming retirement age of fighters. A fighter would perhaps announce his upcoming retirement at the beginning of season. This would add a twist to recruiting and make things a bit more uncertain for the player.

* 15. The ability to have each of the two difficulty options (computer team AI and reward money) on their own sliders. I'd like, for example, to be able to put all of the computer teams on the hardest AI setting, but keep the reward money at the 100% level).

______

Note: I’ve played a lot of text sim games like Football Manager, Out of the Park Baseball, Front Office Football, Fast Break Basketball, etc. This game reminds me a lot of those games. I enjoying seeing how my team improves, and see how my fighters get better over time. Along these lines, many of the above suggestions apply to either giving us more data/stats to examine or giving us ways to export that data.
Bee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with everything GB said.

Boy, that was a lot easier than having to type all that stuff. Thanks GB.

Very Happy
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of GB's Ideas I agree with also.

Number 10 isn't a that big of deal for me though, but the others sound really good.
falco1029
Advanced member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, here's a few things I can think of:

*network support. I know you said you wouldnt be putting it in, but ill annoy you with it anyway Wink

*Custom races and Custom classes, basically emaning being able to add a ne wone rather than editing a different one to suit your wishes.

*I saw you said custom weapons, but does this include custom spells? And can you do new images and battle effects with them? if not, then that's a suggestion

*Some Dialogue between you and other clans, though this would probably take a whiel and need to be a later update of Gold. Or a platinum version. Whichever.

*An option for clan 'alliances', where you wont fight that clan at all as slong as the the alliance holds, and you have trading options as well. Again, this might take a while.

*Something that would work well with the above two, a "favor" system between clans, where a clan might go harder or have meaner dialogue if they liek you less, or maybe do something nice like loan you some money if they like you. Favor could be controlled through dialogues, and offerings to other clans. Certain stubborn or arrogant clans might also lower favor if they lose to you.

Smile
dom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno where to post this... but when i am a few spaces away from an enemy where i can "assault an enemy's torso/head", a few times i have moved by mistake (is there a way to unmove?) and gone next to the square in range of "hit enemy torso/head". Then when i try to assault it says i'm too close, and the hit enemy option is no longer available since i moved.
maybe this can be fixed or implemented in to the gold version or a patch.

gorrila blitz, #9, you say hall of fame of your fighter. surely after retirement he is no longer your fighter, plus he may have been in other clans, or kicked from your clan early, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Player reviews, critiques and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: