Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pailander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Game crash Reply with quote

Howdy

Game did crash, windows did give some error report. Should these be sent somewhere?
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell me what did you do before the crash and have you had that crash more than once?
Pailander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm damn cant remember Smile played too much
2 times now. Not 100% sure what i did do so i wont say anything. It was so fast to start game again and reload. Maybe next time Smile
Pailander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happens whe you click the start round/battles button Smile before the calculations begin or just after they are started.

think i didt do anything special, trained ( train almost every turn) and after that started new battles
Tertsi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll investigate the problem.
If it happens once more with a specific saved game, please send the saved game to support@battlesofnorghan.com.
You can find the saved game in the folder where Battles of Norghan is installed\Saves.
Pailander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did send saved game to support address. Game keep crashing simulating phase. So so near Smile Winning the first division ad cup of glory first time Smile
eternal_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is exactly same wit me too... i think i talked to you about it awhile back, tertsi. Should I also send my game file also? It's done it to 2 game saves already, and both times when I'm doin good!!! Evil or Very Mad
haha, well, i got smarter the second time: i started saving every half a year to a separate folder, so i got backup copies, u might wanna call them. However, even when i went back to my "backup copy", when i got to the month and date that my previous game crashed, my new "backed up" game crashed again. So I think the error must've occurred in the beginning of the year, or even the beginning of my game. *shrugs Confused
Tertsi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to, it can't help.
However if someone discovers exactly when their saved game gets messed up, that would help. Fixing this is our top priority BoN task, but there are a few other tasks above it.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a crash in Gold Version. Here's my save (I rez all my guys, and train melee fighting all units except mystarch train mana) (Did that twice and it crashes, not sure if will crash if don't do that...haven't tried).

Saved Game

(Sorry its hosting with Megaupload, I didn't renew my domain, going to get a new one soon Razz)

EDIT: And now its working (Went to sleep woke up and tried and it worked lol, so very weird, usally it was around the 3rd battle that crashed though 2-4 I would say...)
Tertsi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly sure that this bug is caused by a cloned unit in a single clan. What's causing that I don't know yet but some safety checks have now been added so that cloned units are deleted on the next version before they are used so cloned units will no longer cause any problems.

EDIT: To be sure, it would be appreciated eternal_dragon if you could send one of those saved games as soon as possible to support@battlesofnorghan.com unless you have already deleted them.
eternal_dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tertsi wrote:
EDIT: To be sure, it would be appreciated eternal_dragon if you could send one of those saved games as soon as possible to support@battlesofnorghan.com unless you have already deleted them.

Nope, haven't deleted any of them. I'll send both of them over when I've decided which ones are actually the ones with the bug in them. Another note: I think the time that the crash occurs is when the game's simulating another clan's battles, at least as close as I could estimate when the crash occurred, since the simulation goes by in a whiz.
dom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had it crash when you click "start battle" button a couple of times, it stopped after that.

also on a few early games i was able to place my units on the far right of the screen and when the character's stats/life side bar comes up it hides them behind there. Is there a way to remove the side bar?
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, by pressing the Hide UI bar hotkey (check options) or by clicking the UI icon near the top left side of the screen.

That start battle button clicking crashing usually seems to have something to do with low memory so by increasing your virtual memory buffer you might eliminate that problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: