Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.02 version's changes from 1.01 version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: 1.02 version's changes from 1.01 version Reply with quote

Note if you're updating from a previous version

* Past versions' saved games won't work without manual tweaking in this version because the saved games have started recording some additional Gold Version statistics to make the Gold Version and Full Version saved games work in both versions.
* Because of the new saved option 'Invert mouse buttons', you'll need to delete the file Options.ini from the game's folder (if it exists) so that the game will regenerate it with the Invert mouse button variable.

Bug fixes:

* Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the game to crash when placing units and having the unit info bar enabled (but hidden when placing units).
* Computer compatibility was improved. This means that if a previous version of the game didn't work in your computer, you should try if this version works.

* The tooltips of the 1.01 version which are shown when the mouse's cursor is over a spell's text when browsing a unit's spells displayed the wrong unit's 'Has learnt the spell', 'Can learn the spell' or 'Can't learn the spell' texts which might have confused new players. Only the browse spells button in the Mercenary camp displayed the correct unit's spells' learning status texts.
* Initialized an un-initialized variable which could have occasionally caused some problems in the battle AI at least on some computers.
* Minor: In some special circumstances some mercenary mages had less than maximum mana left when they were recruited from the Mercenary camp so they entered their first battle with less than maximum mana.
* When you tried to issue a command other than casting a spell by first selecting a command and then selecting the target, the command wasn't issued. Instead you had to select the target and then issue a command although both methods were meant to be supported even for other commands than casting spells. (This bug was fixed on 21st of October 2005 (three days after patch's release), so if you downloaded the patch before that, this fix wasn't included.)
* Visual: When one shot with a bow from a very close distance the arrow could actually have gone backwards because of the random arrow missing distance, now the missing from a close distance is much better displayed.
* Visual Minor: The total battle salaries weren't updated at start-up in game mode C (where a random clan is generated) so before the first battle or before you un-battle-checked a unit your total battle salaries were shown as 0.

Changes

* Minor: The desirability value of casting Magical punch to a unit which isn't critically wounded with regeneration (Mountain trolls) was reduced to 40% of normal or 70% of normal if it's the last enemy standing for AI intelligence value 3 and 4 controlled units.
* Minor: Improved Drain mana casting AI.

New features

* You're now able to invert mouse buttons from the main menu (for left-handed people).

Last edited by Tertsi on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you explain how to tweak game to allow past saves? Or will I need to just mess around with it?

I'm in First Div and really like my team, so would like to use them if possible (In Previous Version though).

(Also, on the Battle Menu, when I click the Tree Option, to turn it 34% Opacity, the trees don't change while I figured there would be a slight change at least, but if I choose default option they are like normal transparent.) Not sure if a bug or just my error.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a bug. You can only turn tree hiding on and off.
Unfortunately saving the saved game involves manually putting some values all over the saved game and I don't remember what values were missing anymore.
jackgouber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great, but call me stupid, i can't find where to download the patch anywhere on your website, and I never recieved an e-mail when it did, although i did recieve an e-mail when the gold version released!
Tertsi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our customers can download patches from the download area where they downloaded the full game (customers who used BMTMicro to order need to click a link in the e-mail to activate their access to the download area). Link included in the e-mail that was sent to them after their order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: