Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Age/Retirement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CustodianV131

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Age/Retirement Reply with quote

What does the Age stat represent?

Is that when the mercenaries retire?

What is its impact on the contracts? Will they simply leave or will the contract be served or no impact at all, ie they'll at least serve out the contract?

When mercs retire do you get the items (or the money spend for them) back?

Is age relevant in other ways? Learning abilty/fragility ect?
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left age number is the mercenary's current age and the right number is when the mercenary will retire.

The mercenaries will leave at the end of the season when they retire and sell their equipment for the normal selling price (70% of buying price). (You get the gold from the items).

Age doesn't matter in any other way.
CustodianV131

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tertsi wrote:
The left age number is the mercenary's current age and the right number is when the mercenary will retire.

The mercenaries will leave at the end of the season when they retire and sell their equipment for the normal selling price (70% of buying price). (You get the gold from the items).

Age doesn't matter in any other way.

Ah ok, so no need to sell the items manually, great!

Hmmm might be intersting to give some mercs a membership contract then if they're at the end of their carreer anyway.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be wary of handing out Memberships! :p

Especially at end of carrer, just get them yearly or battley(? lol). Because they cost Battle Salary (and even cost when not in battle, my guess is half Salary Cost, could be wrong here).

So it would be cheaper for yearly if close to retire.

Like now I have about 11/12 Units with Memberships. So every battle (if no units selected) it would cost me 1800ish (can't remember excat) wheater they fight or not. Then having all fighting i'm in 3000+ per battle (making like 10kish + per battle though, so really about 7k ish).

My advice is give memberships to younger people that you can shape and train to be great later, and already old (but possible good) people year.
CustodianV131

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll play around with it a bit.

Its a bit unclear to me yet what the different contracts do and how the battle salaries work.

If I take them on yearly or for a certain amount of battles I don't pay battle salaries for them?

Also, if I take on a merc for a 5 battle contract and I let him not fight (ie uncheck him) for 2 battles do those count or not?

I'll just try and see. Going to start "Da Sissies" warband and play on easy, normal AI 140% earnings, to learn the game. Maybe the enemy will laugh themselves to death when they see our skill! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: