Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overpowered AI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mardust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Overpowered AI Reply with quote

So I played the demo of this, and then bought the full game and continued my demo save, and now all of a sudden(Very early in the game) I met this Archmage that was Legendary with both his Staff and Dodging, making it impossible to kill him without insane RnG levels, he also never attacks, so how can I end this fight or somehow kill him? A fast answer would be great Very Happy
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early on you say.. What game year is that? If it's gold version, did you modify any DB text files?

That's a rare situation. You must be armored enough for the mage to not be able to hurt you with his staff and so then he doesn't bother trying, right? The battle will eventually end by an automatically cast thunder storm that will kill units randomly. However that might take a while (like 100+ turns) so you can either pass your turn by pressing D until that happens or you can just restart the game and load up your saved game again, un-battle-check all your units and forfeit that battle.
mardust

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have gold version no, and it's the year 801 AD, and yes I have two minotaurs with very good armor, but when they try to hit the mage, it says the hit chance is 1%, and usually one of my minotaur has a hit chance of 90 so, is this some kind of weird bug? or is it a chain reaction of the AI training alot of dodge which then lvls his dodge even more as well as his staff? and I'll try to skip a lot of turns, thanks a lot for answering Smile
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard or seen such a case before. In theory it is possible that the mage got trained so well because there was some unit or units that could not hit it but kept trying to, thus improving his skills. Perhaps that mage had a battle with another mage and they could not finish each other off so they trained for a long time. Or it could be some bug that raised his skills so high.

If you'd like me to look into it further, please email me the saved game. (from Documents\BattlesOfNorghan_saves)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: