Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online multiplayer only version of BoN or extremely good AI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Online multiplayer only version of BoN or extremely good AI? Reply with quote

Which would you rather see, extremely good AI (at max difficulty)
or an online multi-player only version of Battles of Norghan? The leagues and cups would need to work differently of course.
Changelor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AI behaves quite well in some situations. But not in all.

in the tactical part I see some relatively easy possible improvements for the AI:

For example I had a team with 4 wizards with spells and one goblin with nothing. I had killed all enemies with the exception of a mysteryarch. That mysteryarch had spells magic missile, confusion and magic punch.
The AI liked to confuse the gobiln a lot wasting an action and some MP (the goblin did nothing in the AI turn)

So yes some AI improvments would be nice.

For the multiplayer it depends a lot on the player base and on the design of the matchmaking and the games.
- do both players play online in the same game when you have a tactical fight?
- how do you reward wins while still keeping the matches interesting?

Basically my suggestion is to do a very rough design (this rough design does not have to tell the details immediately and should not be much effort) of the mutliplayer and present it here.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, certain spell AI improvements have been programmed since the last patch and will be included in the next patch.

---

One example for how the multiplayer would work is that there's one global league and each clan has a match making rating. Initially a new clan would be placed under a rating with the start up amount of clan toughness/gold.

When the player searches for a new battle the match making system would try to find another player with a similar match making rating to do a battle with.

Cups would have to be live tournaments on a set date or such to be possible.

Wins would be rewarded by increased match making rating and better league ranks and gold. A loss would decrease your ranking. So you could still train your units, buy equipment, go to the mercenary camp etc.
Changelor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this means that the clans do not have to pay for resurrections, is this correct? So the point is not survival. But the difference between win and loss is more improvement with a win?

For the match making your approach seems to be a good one.

I am sure I will want to try multiplayer. But to be honest I am not sure if it can captivate me for long term.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clans would have to pay for resurrections and a loss would probably usually reduce the total net worth of the clan. Thus it would in part also be about survival.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: