Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 1.056 version's changes from the 1.046 version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: The 1.056 version's changes from the 1.046 version Reply with quote

Changes:

* The game now supports windowed mode.
* The game no longer crashes on start-up. The previous version seemed to work only on some old operating systems. Usually just because of a lack of file writing permissions.
* The worst ranged weapons are now cheaper than before.
* Full-screen mode now defaults to VSYNC Off, which also happens to make simulating battles dramatically faster.
* The game now sleeps between updates.. capping the FPS and other updates per second to about 100. Reduces unnecessary resource consumption.
* Full screen mode now changes the resolution to 800x600 instead of keeping your desktop resolution on widescreen monitors and drawing everything to the top left like in the previous patch. If the full-screen mode does not look good on your monitor, you should use windowed mode.
* When a losing AI-controlled clan gets replaced by a new clan, the new clan now gets some more starting gold than previously.
* Resurrection costs reduced and resurrecting all units is no longer more expensive than resurrecting each unit individually.
* Both the winner and the loser of every battle now gets 100 extra gold pieces per battle. These changes make it a bit harder to lose the game just because of bad luck in the beginning. The loser gets this gold only if it dealt damage to the winner.
* Added information to the in-game tutorial and the manual.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see an update after so long. Smile
vinnie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the game a bit 'of time ago and I still have the installer (somewhere).
Meanwhile I switched to using only Linux and unfortunately battle of Norghan seems to not work with wine.
When I have a bit of time I will try this new version with wine.

Thanks for game and its update Smile
Tertsi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright let us know if it works with wine please Smile
Changelor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: it works Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for this patch. For me it comes exactly at a very good moment as I just re-discovered the game.

My ancient password to the gold version download area still works.
The installation works!
The game works!
The patch works! (as described in your notes the screen resolution adapts for widescreen montors, in the previous version it was not well playable on the widescreen)

The only problem I had was that my avast antivirus claimed to have found a virus in your exe. So my download was interrupted again and again. Only switching off the antivirus did the job.

Maybe you could offer the exe file also as a zip file. I don't know if this would fix the issue though.

In any case it is a very positive surprise to get a patch / new version after so many years!!
Tertsi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changelor did you use chrome browser to download it by any chance? Seems chrome browser has some kind of a new reputation system for downloading exe files or .zip files that have .exe files in them. If the file has not been downloaded enough times by other users, chrome will report it as suspicious and want you to discard it unless you click some tiny arrow button next to the "discard" button and then click Keep.
Changelor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I did the download with firefox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: