Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spells?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peregrine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Spells? Reply with quote

Hi, I just purchased the game, and the one thing I can't figure out is how magic works. If I sign a character, like a druid, it will show a large number of spells that character can cast, and what % chance. But when I go into combat, I seem to only have one spell I can cast. If I hit the S hotkey only one spell will be shown and if I use another it tells me I don't have a second spell. What gives?

Also, I'm not sure how to cast the spells, if I select the spell from the menu, it asks me to select a target. I've tried right and left clicking on an enemy character, but nothing seems to happen, there's no casting animation or sound like I'm casting a spell, I just lose a bunch of action points. How do I know if the spell went off?

Is there a way to teach a character new spells? I didn't see it in the training camp.

Sorry to sound stupid, I just am really having problems with the magic.
Peregrine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I answered part of my own question, I found out where you buy spells.

Is the answer to the rest the spells that are highlighted in red? Does that mean the spells you actually know, and the white ones are the spells that you CAN learn?
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this helps! Smile

(Also if you read Post by Fandango in Help Area mentions this)

When Browsing Units Spells (Right Click character Portrait)
Red Spells = Learned
White Spells = Can Learn
Grey Spells = Can't Learn

As for targeting the Enemy. If you bring up the two "Menus" I guess can call them (Shortcut Key E and W) or at the Top Right, the Character Icon and another icon, it brings up the character info and the dialogue box. Which shows whats happening, like how much you hit for, if the spell fails or not etc... While sometimes this is hard (especially spells, when it doesn't work it just goes to next unit or whatever) this gives you some indication.

Hopefully in the future failure Animations or Notifications better explained will be introduced. I think testri is looking into the spells cause people having trouble understanding them.

Once you figure out the game though, its pretty easy! Smile Good Luck
Peregrine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Once I figured out the red spell thing it definitely got easier. I haven't been playing with the dialogue box so I was wondering about spell failures, basically nothing seemed to happen. Fun game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Help and technical support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: