Forums

Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com

1.12 version released in October 2016!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 0.99 version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tertsi
Mitorah Games Studio Head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: The 0.99 version Reply with quote

Bug fixes:

* AI controlled imps could have mistakenly moved to a tree or water in the 0.97 version when moving only one step towards the destination.
* Fixed a bug in the battle AI level 2 group creatition code which sometimes (rarely) caused a few duplicated units to show up in a battle. In simulated battles the game would close itself in beta versions (which seems like a crash) if duplicated units were detected.
* If a thunder strike hit the active unit, the next turn wasn't called so the simulation battle beta testing feature would report the active unit to be dead and close the program.
* There were some loops which maybe could have rarely got stuck and cause the game to freeze completely when simulating battles.
* On some spell targeting codes, there was a bug in the code which sometimes falsely determined that an unit was summoned even though it wasn't. This for example once caused a bear to be damaged by a spell which was targetted to a knight.
* When you loaded a game, then started a new game after which you loaded another game again and clicked the start battles button the game usually crashed.
* Minor: Magical punch's fist graphic sometimes moved way too far away when it was hitting the target.

Changes:

* If an AI clan's unit is close enough to an enemy, all units who are protecting rangers or doing weak spells with low success changes are likely to start moving towards the enemy.
* In game modes B and C, you are now required to have X alive units in the clan instead of just X units to train, buy equipment or to learn spells. This is to prevent players from just getting some of their crappy units killed and focus on a couple of units and save in salary expenses. Although It's not certain if that would even be a good tactic.
* Chain lightning, Fire storm and Blizzard manapoint costs were increased by 2.
* Minor: When hitting with a missile weapon, a battle event sentence will now notify you of the 25% missile weapon damage reduction after the normal reduction by the target's defense.

New features:

* The new game story screen was implemented.

Last edited by Tertsi on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally back and ready to test it Smile Will let you know if find anything! :p
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble installing it Sad

Its saying "NSIS Error", the installer you are tying to install is corrupt or incomplete.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big the file is? (It should be ~21 MB) Try redownloading it.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the directory its only 14.4 Mb. I'm going through the link you sent me.
Tertsi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first time our webhost has automatically stopped my connection while I'm uploading. Mad There should is a full installation file available now.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey just booted up the game Smile I like the idea of being able to choose the Game Modes (first I'm seen not sure if in previous version since i last played). Thought it does seems like a lot to read, but then again if your playing this kind of game, I assume thats what your looking for! Smile

I choose Game Mode B to start out, and just starting find a tiny error. After the bidding turn, if you click it again it gives notificaiton, the text in the box goes outside the box, the word "Ended".

Will keep you posted! Smile
Tertsi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that the text renders differently on different computers and on my computer it rendered it inside the box.. well anyway it's fixed along with some game over bugs.

Yep it's a lot of text to optionally read but the top lines tell you if the game mode is recommended for you. And for the first time player the game mode A is recommended in the separated white text.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've noticed the text thing a lot more as I played. Glad to hear thats fixed.

Also I noticed it doesn't scroll in battle when your over top-left menu. That was a wonderful idea! Smile

Game Mode 2, does make it a lot better starting out with me (Haven't tried C), i even lost my first match bad (won second) lol. I really like that idea.

One suggestion I had, though not sure how hard would be, is to red out or something unavailable items in each division. So the user doesn't have to guess and work their way up or down to the best item avaliable in that division. Just an idea!

Will Keep Posted and Looking very good, almost there! Smile
Tertsi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks for the idea and feedback. I'll see if I can do that item disabled look within reasonable time. Things like that don't necessarily come to mind for the Designer as he knows which items are locked and where.
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok been playing like all day (sitting at home all day so ya know :p)! I just came across either something odd. I was in battle and I had my Rouge left, and the other team had a druid (and 2 bears summoned). Well the Druid went then it keeps looping turns between Druid, Bear, Bear then start back, skipping my rouge like 3 go's. I don't think the d button was help down (didn't appear to be, but it wasn't even moving to my guy to at least show end turn or start turn). I pressed d and a few buttons and it broke the loop and went my turn (where I'm at now Minimized).

Also another thing is on Magical Punch, the animation is very short so sometimes its hard to tell it even hit (if not for the Window showing stats/rolls).

Otherwise its looking very good so far.

Also, after finishing the fight, I think it would be nice to show how injured summoed units are. Because the two bears, I hit one then they moved and then I was sure which I just hit and was injured. (Could be my fault not paying good attention lol).

Also, another thing I final say (been thinking a long time but always forget) is 2 things. First is ability to center on Unit (thats turn it is, not sure how if you can) and second to move back to the Archer after he shots and arrow. Because he always has 1 move point left but you have to scroll back up to him. (I guess center thing would fix this easy also).

Also (wow a lot of also's), Druids. I fought an Army 3 times, they had 3 Minatours and 1 Druid. It was pretty much fighting the 3 Min's. The druid just sit back the entire battles (all 3 battles) and summoned and resotore mana, but never moved forward while the Min's came straight at me. Is it a good idea to have them sit back and don't fight the enitre match? I think it tips the scales for the other team because they are up one unit then (thought I lost all 3 times to Rising Force ><, almost had them twice though).

I noticed that you win 9600 GP for winning small cup and 3600 for second (I think thats right, something like that), but in game mode B (or even C not sure) when you earn a lot of GP for winning battles, shouldn't how much you win be increased. Because if you win the cup, but you win 1 battle and make close to the amount it takes away from the Cup Effectiveness and Satifaction. (I Might be wrong here, just going by how I see the Gold Distrubtation!) Smile

I've just had 2 Crashes. It crashed, then I ran again and it didn't crash (but I quit before saved, in battle) then start again where it crashed once more. I've looked but there isn't a Stuck File though.

EDIT: I'm having a crash now about every other battle or so. I'll email you my save file. (Nevermind, for some reason my mail won't send to your email, but it will send other places ><).

Save File
Tertsi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably add a center to active unit icon to the top left battle UI bar.
I'll see if the Magical Punch animation should be made longer.

So was it Rising Force who you were against in the battle? As the Battle AI is lower on some clans and higher on others and the difficulty also affects it.
You should win more from the cups in the B and C game modes than in A, but I'll double check.
I received 5 copies of that email. Wink
AtmaVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the final version is done Smile, DId you ever get that crash that I was mentioning? And if so did you get it fixed? If you need help testing final just let me know. Smile
Tertsi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get it fixed along with some others.. The game went through some heavy testing. I'm about to release the full version NOW.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forums of BattlesofNorghan.com Forum Index -> Beta testing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: